Juan Jose Egusquiza Franco
Phone: +1 (718) 877 2205
Born in Lima - Peru and currently based in New York, I'm a researcher and multimedia artist working with technology, storytelling and
visual experiences. I am interested in computer graphics, 2D and 3D development and immersive experiences.
Back home I worked in documentary and advertising as an Assistant Director & Videographer before moving to NYC to pursue a Master's degree
at NYU's Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP).
Upon graduation I have created AR and VR experiences, and presented projects at Microsoft and Viacom. Currently, I am a Post-Doc Resident
Fellow at New York University.
- Designer - Obvidesign (2018 - current) - FREELANCE
- Photographer & Videographer
- Web Designer
- Post-Doc Research Fellow - New York University (2017 - 2018)
- visual and aesthetics research.
- Developing 2D & 3D graphics.
- Tools: Unity3D, THREE.js, TouchDesigner, Oculus Rift, HTC VIVE, Hololens, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Workshops and Office Hours in Unity3D & Motion Design
- VR Research Fellow - Viacom (2017)
- Prototyping and developing a new VR music experience
- This project was showcased at Viacom Headquearters (NYC - 2017) and Rio2C Creative Conference (Brasil - 2018)
- AR Microsoft Design Challenge - Microsoft (2017)
- Prototyping and developing a new Mixed Reality tool that optimizes the experience of reading physical books
- This project was the winner of the Microsoft Design Challenge and was presented at the Microsoft Headquarters in Seattle
- Assistant Director - La Formula Still and Motion (Lima, Peru - 2012 - 2015)
- Planning and excecuting the whole project alongside the director
- Supervising pre-production, production, editing and post-production
- New York University - M.P.S (2016 - 2018)
Masters degree, Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
- Masters focused on art, design and programming
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru - B.A (2005 - 2011)
Bachelor in Audiovisual Communications
- B.A. focused on audio and visual communications.
- Graphics programming:
- Virtual & Augmented Reality:
- WebVR, ARKit, Unity, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
- Unity, TouchDesigner, Adobe Creative Cloud, MAX/MSP
- Programming Languages: