Hi! I am Juan Jose
Born in Lima - Peru, and currently based in NYC, I’m a multimedia artist, researcher and image maker.
I create/construct/build an imagealmostevery day using a combinations of new tools and technologies.
Creative Resident - Adobe (2019 - current)
Photographer & Videographer - Obvidesign (2018 - 2019) - FREELANCE
- Research and develop 3D and 2D graphics
- Collaborated within different teams at Adobe providing assets, workshops and live sessions.
Post-Doc Research Fellow - New York University (2017 - 2018)
- Documented and photographed people and their stories while traveling through different cities in the USA
VR Research Fellow - Viacom (2017)
- visual and aesthetics research.
- Developing 2D & 3D graphics.
- Workshops and Office Hours in Unity3D & Motion Design
AR Microsoft Design Challenge - Microsoft (2017)
- Prototyping and developing a new VR music experience
- This project was showcased at Viacom Headquearters (NYC - 2017) and Rio2C Creative Conference (Brasil - 2018)
- Prototyping and developing a new Mixed Reality tool that optimizes the experience of reading physical books
- This project was the winner of the Microsoft Design Challenge and was presented at the Microsoft Headquarters in Seattle
Assistant Director - La Formula Still and Motion (Lima, Peru - 2012 - 2015)
- Planning and excecuting the whole project alongside the director
- Supervising pre-production, production, editing and post-production
- New York University - M.P.S (2015 - 2017)
Masters degree, Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
- Masters focused on art, design and programming
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru - B.A (2005 - 2011)
Bachelor in Audiovisual Communications
- B.A. focused on audio and visual communications.
- Graphics programming:
- WEBGL, Three.js, A-Frame, TouchDesigner
- Virtual & Augmented Reality:
- WebVR, ARKit, ARFoundation, Unity, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive
- Unity, TouchDesigner, Cinema4D, Blender, Adobe Creative Cloud, MAX/MSP, World Creator
- Programming Languages:
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Adobe Creative Residency
- Viacom Fellowship
- Microsoft Design Challenge in mixed reality
WORKSHOPS & LIVE SESSIONS